Founded in 1946, Sony Corporation leads the way in the production of professional electronics, gaming and entertainment products.
The Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM Lens (82mm) makes a stellar entry in the camera lenses category. This lens comes with a fast and wide angle zoom suited for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. The aperture builds on the f/2.8 consistency. It gives users performance across various zoom ranges as well as in low-light conditions.
Here are some awesome features of the Sony FE 16-35F/2.8 GM Lens that we’ll like to highlight.
- This lens achieves a high resolution and sharpness that results from the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Users can also access robust and intuitive designs to complement both photography and cine applications.
- Users will gain more control over astigmatism, field curvature as well as chromatic interruptions. This feat comes with the presence of aspherical elements in the optical design of the Sony FE.
- Users get quick and precise focusing thresholds in both still and video modes using Two Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) autofocus groups.
- Are you worried that dust and other unwanted particles will negate the performance of the Sony FE? Then you should know that the lens comes protected from dust with a moisture/dust resistant seal around its edges and rubberized control rings.
- Proprietary technology sees this lens emblazoned with a Nano AR coating. This coating reduces surface reflections, flaring, as well as ghosting. What you get in return are better contrasts and more detailed color rendering/fidelity, especially in well-lighted environments.
- This lens is compatible with many camera models including the full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras as well as APS-C models. You can achieve focal lengths ranging from 24 to 52.5 mm.
In more detail, the Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM Lens (82mm) receives special mention in the following areas:
This lens enters an autofocus mode in a silent manner. This feature enables users to shoot pictures/films in restricted, sensitive or prohibited areas, without attracting attention. Enable this autofocus feature by engaging the unmarked focus lock button.
The Sony Fe also comes with a manual override for focusing. Tune the lens’ manual focus feature to DMF and then turn the focus ring on the lens.
With the Sony FE, users can have their images change size as the focus gravitates between forward and backward pulls.
Users commend the ability of the lens to highlight/draw attention to zoomed-in images while minimizing the background to the desired blur.
The Sony FE 16-35mm has a workable build. Users can zoom with one strong finger or for better results, two fingers. Zoom creeping is absent and you can feel the even spacing between zoom levels.